Friday, October 18, 2013

Culture of Life Africa: Reporting from Rome...

Culture of Life Africa: Reporting from Rome...
powered by



Friday, 11 October 2013


Reporting from Rome...

My internet service is very poor so please pardon my lack of update but I am still hopeful that before this is over, I will write a much better blog post about the pure grace that we are receiving at this amazing event. 
By the end of our second day , I reiterate that every conversation is rich, every presentation is loaded, every woman here (maybe except me) is "high tension" feminine genius. 
One of our presenters today used to be the leader of the female militia in Lebanon!!!! 
That was 30 years ago and now she is a really holy woman , Maronite catholic who is very involved with advanced Mariology studies in Lebanon as well as her massive efforts to help re-settle people distablised by war as they try to keep Lebanon safe from the "Arab spring". She said something powerful in her talk. She said that "Lebanon is the only nation in the world where the Holy Spirit speaks Arabic in public !!!!"
Powerful!
I can say one thing for sure- God is using women of every race, tribe and tongue to bring much love, life and light to the darkest parts of the world including parts of the world where there is war, natural disaster, abortion, trafficking, forced prostitution, brokenness and pain, for these are some of the darkest parts of the world and at this event I have personally met and spoken with women who are going into the deepest darkness corners to pick up the broken pieces, and stop the bleeding hearts and clean up the unspeakable mess and bandage the deep wounds and defend the dignity of the born children. God has imprinted in the heart of every woman a tender spot to love ardently, to care deeply and to nurture selflessly. We are all being called to some specific mission to humanize our world and reconcile men with life. We all have a role in the building up of a Civilisation of Love. 
As you can imagine, Our Lord is really shaping and moulding me in this place. 
There is so much more to tell but I will hold them safe in my heart for you until I am able to get a better access to the internet.
But for now I must rest my eyes because tomorrow, they will behold our beloved Pope Francis. 
Yes, we will have a special audience with the Holy Father tomorrow and I will certainly pray for you during his benedictions.
Please keep praying for me as I try to absorb the grace and goodness that is flowing freely all around me. 
Here are some pictures that captured a tiny part of my day...
 

With Ligaya Acosta Human Life Intetnational Coordinator Asia and Pacific region
With Helen Alvaré
Helen Alvaré in action 
With Vicky Thorn founder of Project Rachel
With Janet Morana (just before we were on EWTN radio today) 

No comments:

Post a Comment