Saturday, October 26, 2013

My response to Cardinal Dolan's blog

http://blog.archny.org/index.php/the-good-old-days/comment-page-1/#comment-140910
The article that I responded to was talking about how this is the good ole days for Catholics with our string of wonderful popes in our lifetime, good and holy men...because the Church is not always so lucky.. Since I am still trying to adjust to Pope Francis and going through a translation which is not always accurate... I am still trying to figure him out. I am still trying to figure out what Pope Francis is saying most of the time  or why he is saying it?...or what is he getting at?, or who is he talking to?So I commented and addressed all these things and a little more.... It was worth a try ,,, I might have gotten some clarification..of course,  not if it does not get posted... I do not think that I was criticizing Pope Francis but some may take it that way...I just had a LOT of questions and I wondered why he did not address some things tha public suare activists are getting beat down with and having to work extra hard...cuz most people can only hear what the media Said that pope Francis Said!
My response to Cardinal Dolan's blog is awaiting moderation and may not make it past the cut...This is it.
Most of the time I am confused about what he IS saying. BUT I have become an expert on what he is NOT saying . I have spent so much time researching and refuting headlines. It seems to me that a lot of people love Pope Francis for things that he is NOT saying (and that makes me nervous). I DO think that it is good that they are ‘listening’ but they are listening to mainstream media and they have not gotten it right , yet!(imho). I see lots of confusion in his wake. I THINK I have gotten some of the message…Don’t be a Pharisee. Do not make the ‘law’ your idol or anything else for that matter. I think that he is calling us back to the beginning -to walk with Jesus as when he walked the earth with the apostles and the disciples- not to do away with the laws or the knowledge and understanding of revelation that has unfolded in the 2000 years since(at least I hope not!). I think he is calling us back to the beginning to remember who we are and what we are about- our mission in this world. I thought there would be more balance . He has addressed the extremes of a traditional position but has not addressed the extremes that result from NO tradition . I think that helps misinterpretations to continue. I am afraid that he does not like ‘tradition’…He seems to be addressing that a lot but he does not correct or address the media misinterpretations … many take silence to be assent. I realize that he cannot go around correcting all the mistakes but there are many people in the public square who defend the Church’s moral stance on important and pertinent issues (including yourself) who are left ‘hanging out to dry’while the misinterpretations get more embedded in reality. I do not think that he intends to do that but that is essentially what is happening in his wake. At least that is the way that I see it.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fallout-continues-from-misinterpretations-of-pope-francis-interviews
And it would certainly be nice if people like Bishop Paprocki whose secretary was killed by a gay activist got some affirmation for his recent stance in not allowing the rosary for passage of gay marriage laws to be held in the Cathedral. Or am I just wrong altogether and the media misinterpretations are NOT misinterpretations. Is their view closer to what he is saying in the following article than what I realize?
Basically, I guess I am still not sure what Pope Francis IS saying…I DO listen and try to hear but I am confused more often than not…often I just do not know what he means or where he is coming from…or what he is getting at….It is like I have come in in the middle of a conversation or something..sigh…I do not know how to explain it…but I will keep trying…

No comments:

Post a Comment